Congratulations to the Students and Alumni that were honored at the MSU Packaging Awards Ceremony in East Lansing on 4/12/18! We were happy to be able to honor your accomplishments. Keep up the great work in the packaging industry and continue to make us proud! #SpartansWill 2018 Alumni Award Recipients: Hall of Fame: Dennis Young…Read More
The packaging industry lost a significant pioneer and cherished colleague with the passing of Robert Fiedler on January 4, 2018. For over 40 years, Robert (Bob) was a continuous contributor to the packaging industry, serving as a collaborator, author, instructor and mentor for numerous packaging professionals. At Michigan State University, Bob earned Bachelor and Master…Read More
Congratulations to Packaging student Eric Brunk on being one of eleven students awarded the 2017 Board of Trustees’ Award. This award recognizes students for having the highest scholastic average at the close of their last semester in attendance at Michigan State University. Eric is from Shelby Township and is a graduate of Dwight D. Eisenhower High…Read More
When current and past members of the PAA Board were asked “Why did you join the PAA board?” there were quite a few themes that came up, many involving their love for both MSU and the SOP. Their answers were put into this word cloud which shows the passion members have for giving back to…Read More
In August, members of the MSU PAA board met in Chicago to update the board’s mission statement. The team met at a fellow Spartan Alumni’s bar – the Wild Goose Bar & Grill. Owner, Andrew Van Ermen, gave the team official Wild Goose hats which they proudly displayed in the team’s photo. Updating the mission…Read More
No Upcoming Events
Please check back soon for the latest updates.
THANK YOU FOR BEING A SPONSOR
On behalf of the MSUPAA and many well deserving students, thank for your sponsorship of the Michigan State University Packaging Alumni Association! Your contribution supports scholarships, endowments, student development, and furthers our mission of keeping MSU the School of Packaging.
Are you a sponsor at the Booster level? Thank you for your support. Upgrade to Supporter level or higher to be recognized on our website!
Interested in being a Sponsor?
Supporting the MSUPAA is the perfect way to give back to your alma mater, or begin to forge a relationship with the premier Packaging school in the country. Learn how to build your legacy with the school and MSU Packaging professionals of the future...
Looking to make a donation?
Thinking about giving back to the school that awarded you, or someone you know, with the most prestigious Packaging degree in the country? Donating to the MSU Packaging Alumni Association is an effective and easy way to do so.
Hall of FameAWARD
Recipients of the Hall of Fame Award are known for their support of the School of Packaging and Michigan State University, career accomplishments, and community service. Candidates must possess the highest standards of integrity and character to positively reflect and enhance the prestige of Michigan State University’s School of Packaging and the Packaging profession.
Awarded to candidates who have demonstrated outstanding volunteer service to Michigan State University’s School of Packaging and/or meritorious service to the packaging community on a local, state, national or international level. Candidates must possess the highest standards of integrity and character to positively reflect and enhance the prestige of Michigan State University’s School of Packaging and the Packaging profession.
Awarded to an MSU School of Packaging graduate who has attained a high level of professional accomplishment, and has demonstrated commitment to MSU School of Packaging by continuing outstanding volunteer service on behalf of the university and/or on a local, state, national or international level. First degree from Michigan State University must have been conferred within the past 10 years of application submission.
Awarded to a Michigan State School of Packaging graduate who has made a specific, definable contribution to the advancement of package technology. This contribution can range from the invention of a new consumer product/package to a unique manufacturing process or to significant environmental stewardship.
- By joining the Packaging Alumni Association, a portion of your dues goes directly to maintaining and improving the School of Packaging building and programs
- Recognition and reduced admission fees to all events for Association members, including annual PackExpo Reception in Chicago / Las Vegas
- Alumni homecoming tailgate and other special events
- Opportunities to network and establish professional connections with other School of Packaging graduates from a variety of businesses and industries
Membership in the MSU Alumni Association is evolving. Learn how you can continue to support the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Want to take a more active role in shaping the future of the School of Packaging and it’s students? We have plenty of opportunities to participate in committees and volunteer at Packaging Alumni Association events. Please feel free to drop us a line if you’d like to learn more.
What is the Packaging Alumni Association all about?
The MSU Packaging Alumni Association (MSUPAA) is a constituent association of the Michigan State University Alumni Association and is governed by the bylaws of that organization.
The objectives of the Packaging Alumni Association are to:
- Maintain advocacy and connectivity (from an information and advisory viewpoint) between the School of Packaging, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the University, Packaging Alumni, and Industry
- Provide advice, mentoring and financial support to the students enrolled in the School of Packaging
- Stimulate continued interest in and financial support for the School of Packaging at MSU
- Provide a framework for alumni and affiliates of a common interest to meet formally or informally for educational, professional, and social purposes
- Advance student growth, connect and engage alumni and students, and financially support the School of Packaging.
- Serve the Students, Faculty, and Alumni of the School of Packaging.
- Enrich the student experience, empowering them for professional success. We connect generations of MSU School of Packaging Alumni building Spartan Pride.
Featured Board Member
Alison is currently a Product Manager at Avery Dennison, where she has worked in various roles since graduating from the School of Packaging in 2013. While at MSU, she had an internship at Eisai Co. and served on the executive board for COPPAC. Alison grew up in Grand Rapids and has been a lifelong Spartan…Learn More
Here We Are
MSU Packaging Alumni Association
Michigan State University, 142 Packaging Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1223